Tune into this episode of Covington’s Life Sciences Audiocast, where Winsome Cheung, Lauren Pignataro Rakitin and Sibel Yilmaz discuss cell and gene therapy collaboration and licensing deals. The speakers discuss the commercial, IP and antitrust issues commonly faced by pharma and biotech companies as they seek to partner in this evolving landscape, and
Winsome Cheung assists life sciences and technology companies to develop and commercialise their intellectual property assets. She advises on their strategic licensing and partnering transactions, and intellectual property and commercial matters throughout the entire product lifecycle.
Winsome Cheung is a partner in Covington’s life science transactions team.
She advises a broad range of clients in the life sciences and technology industries, from start-ups, venture capital investors to global pharmaceutical companies. As a former scientist, she combines her scientific understanding with her legal and commercial knowledge to help companies build value and monetise their intellectual property assets.
Winsome regularly advises on:
- Complex partnering arrangements, including licensing, collaboration, co-development, co-promotion and other strategic arrangements.
- Commercial agreements throughout the entire lifecycle of life sciences and technology assets, including CRO, clinical trial, manufacturing and distribution agreements.
- Intellectual property and commercial matters in relation to corporate transactions and venture investments, including:
- IP and commercial diligence;
- Ancillary/transitional agreements; and
- IP warranties, contingent consideration provisions of share purchase/asset purchase agreements.
Prior to her legal career, Winsome completed an undergraduate degree in Biochemistry and a PhD in Medicine. During her doctoral research, she discovered a novel virus-host cell interaction which led to major scientific publications, and explored commercialisation of this research.
Tune into this episode of Covington’s Life Sciences Audiocast where Winsome Cheung and Gregor Frizzell discuss some new and emerging M&A and licensing trends in the Life Sciences industry. Our speakers discuss some of the motivating factors for why parties decide between the two and some of the key differences and pros and cons of…